Friday, February 26, 2010

Great Expectations: The 1st stage

I think Pip is referring to the days you live and the "iron or gold, of thorns or flowers..." represents the quality of the days and the formations of those days put together forming a "chain of events" so to speak. This day has altered him because he feels he can trust Joe in a whole new way and that Joe will love him no matter what he says even though he might get upset over the fact that Pip lies and gets him overexcited, he is still not mad at him. This day has altered him by changing his views of Joe and many other people who seem to believe him so well. His experience at Miss Havisham's was a once in a life time event for him. It's not everyday you get asked to play with someone. He seemed to have had one of those days that you feel you have refreshed yourself and can suddenly start over.

On one fourth of july night, my mother and i were sitting in this lawn chair in our front yard. My father and a few of his friends were lighting fireworks in the street because we lived on a culdasack kind of street. One of the fireworks wasn't working. It tipped over and was pointing right at the chair my mother and I were sitting in. She quickly picked me up right before it shot underneath the chair. Once my mother and I got inside, I started crying. From now on I hate fireworks and i cannot stand them and i always have to cover my ears. I think this has altered my life by making me more aware to my surroundings when things seem dangerous

2 comments:

  1. :P nice job Jen! lol
    be safe plz ^^ <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! Wow, i think i would be terrified of fireworks too if that ever happend to me!

    ReplyDelete