Thursday, September 24, 2009

Writing About Reading

Even though literature books may not be my favorite thing to read out of all the fiction books I could have picked, they are moralistic. When I read Pride and Prejudice, it was very confusing at first because I had never read high diction before and it seemed like a real culture shock for me. It wasn't very hard for me to get through the book because what I would do is read something over and over again if it doesn't make any sense. After awhile you begin to get the feeling of the rhythm and you start to familiarize yourself with the author's style of writing.

To me, fiction is like a dream set from reality. It gives me a chance to imagine things that may not happen or could've happened in the world. I am really big on creating pictures in my mind and i feel that fiction creates them. For fun, I would go to the book store and I would pick up an interesting looking book in the fiction section and start reading it. I wouldn't put it down for hours on end till i fell asleep with the book still in my hand.

In reality I do actually have an obnoxious sister and she's not the most helpful person in the world. I tend to read my book before I go to bed because that's when my house is actually peaceful and quiet. My room is my dungeon really because i tend to spend most of my day locked up in there. Either doing homework or reading till 10:00 pm almost every night. One day, I hope to devote one room in my house to reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment