Monday, October 19, 2009

First Person: Early Childhood Memory


When I was about the age of four, I used to go to a day care because both my parent's weren't able to watch me during the day. My ethnicity is Native American and traditionally babies are not supposed to cut their hair for the first time till someone in their family passes away. At day care, all the kids would play with my hair and brush it with their icky fingers.

I got so upset that when I got home, I would complain to my mother about it and I would cry too. My mother made an exception. Since i got so upset over the fact that the children wouldn't leave me alone, she would cut it for me. She braided my hair, took the scissors and cut it right off. After that my hair went wavy because all that weight was lifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment